Just in time for your Memorial Day cookout Publix is featuring many great grilling items on sale. It was hard to pass up chicken at $.99 per pound. Even if it is only 2 or 4 of you cook up the 4 large pieces. Leftover chicken can be saved for salads, sandwiches, BBQ chicken pizza anyone? So heat up your grills and get ready to cookout.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce (in my case Sweet Baby Ray’s Spicy and Sweet)
- Salt and pepper
1. If you bought your chicken leg quarters this week for $.99/lb they are the skin on ones. You can easily pull the skin off of the chicken and discard.
2. In a large Ziploc bag place the chicken pieces and pour in a bout ½ a bottle of BBQ sauce.
3. Allow to marinate in the fridge overnight. Placing the bag in a large bowl in case of leaks.
4. Remove from marinate and pat the chicken mostly dry and season with salt and pepper. Discard bag of BBQ sauce. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
5. Turn grill down to medium after heated and put chicken on. Cooking for 5-7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Baste with extra BBQ sauce while cooking.