Does your family have a Meatless Monday tradition? Eating at least 1 meatless meal a week can help your budget and your health. In our house we typically have 2-3 meatless meals a week, not just to save money but because we enjoy it. Eating veggie packed meals helps me feel better and are typically very easy to prepare.
Curry is a difficult thing to photograph, not the most appetizing of pictures and I know this is not a dish for everyone. If you enjoy ethnic foods I encourage you to give this a shot. I love the flavors in this dish and the ease of making it in the crockpot. For those days that you are craving another cuisine, but don’t feel like heading out this chickpea and potato curry is your answer.
Chickpea and Potato Curry
- 1 can chickpeas , drained (or about 2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15-20 baby carrots, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
1. In the crockpot combine coconut milk, curry powder, and garlic. Using the coconut milk can to measure add about ¼ can of water. Stir to combine.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours
4. Serve over rice