These Chipotle Chicken Sliders add a little heat to weeknight dinner, but not too much they are pretty mild with only 1 pepper. If you want it a little spicier feel free to add another. These could be made as burgers or sliders, but you know that I’m a use what you got girl and I already had these whole wheat dinner rolls. Sliders it was!
Since these are made with ground chicken it’s best too cook them on an indoor grill or skillet. They don’t stay together well while they are cooking so an outside grill only leads to problems.
I love to find ground chicken or turkey on sale. I always buy a few packages because you can substitute it for ground beef in almost every recipe. We rarely eat beef anymore, unless it’s a steak and those are usually on special occasions. The fat and calorie content of ground chicken and turkey are just so much lower.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese, quartered
- 12 soft dinner rolls, split
- Spray indoor grill or grill pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, onion, cilantro, chipotle chile, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. For 12 small patties a little larger than the slider buns, they will shrink slightly as they cook
- Cook each slider about 3 minutes per side. Place cheese slice on each patty and allow to melt befor placing on roll.