Is there even anything I need to say or is this picture self explanatory? If you love pecan pie and love chocolate. Than these bars are for you. Gooey, chocolaty, heaven. Really I don’t think a pecan pie is complete if it doesn’t have chocolate. It just add a little something, extra special.
These are pretty easy to throw together to make for a painless Thanksgiving dessert. Personally I prefer bars to pie because they are easier to eat and result in less cleanup. You don’t need a plate and fork to eat Pecan Pie bars, just hand your guest a bar on a napkin.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat ½ cup unsalted butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until coarse crumbs form. Pour mixture into pan and press firmly to the bottom to form the crust.
- Bake crust 25 minutes. While it is cooling prepare the topping.
- In the same bowl, by hand, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans and spread over crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes. Let cool in pan 20-30 minutes before lifting out.
Adapted from Jam Hands