Herbed Spaghetti Squash
Recipe type: Side
- 1 spaghetti squash (3-4lbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (I used basil and cilantro – parsley is also a good choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and pulp. You can roast the seeds just like pumpkin seeds if you wish.
- Brush cut sides of squash with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Place squash cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Roast 40-45 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Scrape the insides of squash with a fork tom yield long strands.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with parmesan cheese and herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://www.supperforasteal.com/herbed-spaghetti-squash/