30 Minute Black Bean Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock
- 4 cups black beans (about 2 15oz cans), undrained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ tablespoon water
- In a large pot combine the onion, garlic, celery, red pepper, and vegetable stock. Simmer on medium low for 10 minutes. Add in ¾ cup beans, salt, and cumin and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or by transferring to a blender. Add contents back to pot. Pour in the rest of the beans.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in small bowl.
- Add lemon and cornstarch to the soup simmer 10 minutes to thicken.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://supperforasteal.com/30-minute-black-bean-soup-for-sundaysupper/