Turkey and Cranberry Monte Cristo for #SundaySupper
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 2 slices soft bread, potato or challah
- Leftover turkey
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 thick slice of gouda cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a wide dish beat egg with milk and nutmeg.
- Assemble the sandwich turkey, with a thin spread of cranberry, topped with a slice of gouda between the two slices of bread.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in the egg mixture and place on skillet. Let cook 5 minutes on each side or until bread is browned like French toast.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://supperforasteal.com/turkey-and-cranberry-monte-cristo-for-sundaysupper/