Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 package baby bella whole mushrooms (look for larger ones)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup blue cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Lightly clean mushrooms by brushing with damp cloth. Remove stems, set caps aside in a prepared baking dish, and chop stems.
- Add butter to skillet with bacon grease, once melted, add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Stir often and allow to cook 15-20 minutes until onions are golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place breadcrumbs, cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon, and onion mixture into food processor or blender. Blend ingredients to give them a rough chop and combine.
- Using a spoon fill the mushroom caps and return to the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the filling is browned and bubbly.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://supperforasteal.com/blue-cheese-and-bacon-stuffed-mushrooms/