Sag Aloo (Indian Potatoes and Spinach)
Recipe type: Side
- 6 medium gold potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cubed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes to soften and begin cooking.
- In a heavy skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and spices and stir to combine.
- As potatoes begin to crisp add garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add spinach.
- Allow spinach to wilt, tossing to combine, and serve.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://www.supperforasteal.com/sag-aloo-indian-potatoes-and-spinach/