Kung Pao Chicken
Recipe type: Main
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1lb total), cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or can substitute ground)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a bowl, combine chicken and cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and stir fry 7-8 minutes until no longer pink. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, red pepper, and ginger to skillet. Stir fry quickly less than a minute.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Add to skillet.
- Add chicken back in and toss to combine. Let simmer over medium low heat until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe by Supper for a Steal at http://supperforasteal.com/kung-pao-chicken/