There’s nothing more fun than getting the family together once a week and sitting around the table, tucking into a hearty home made dinner whilst catching up on everyone’s news. If you’ve got your family coming over soon and you want to bake a hearty and nutritious meal for them, then you’ve come to the right place. After a long day at work, many of us like to chill out in front of the TV with dinner then go upstairs after eating to play at Cheekybingo.com or chat to friends on MSN. However, the recipe below is a great way to get the whole family around the table for dinner and a good chat.
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1.5lbs braising steak
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 beef stock (bouillon) cube
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- A handful of parsley
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- A good handful of grated cheddar
- Begin by frying the onions in a heavy-based pan along with the chopped carrot and celery. Fry the veggies until they are soft.
- Next, chop the steaks into generous chunks and fry it with the vegetables. As it begins to soften, add in the spices and stir well.
- Make 3 cups of hot stock with the bouillon cube and pour it carefully into the pan. Next add in the tomato purée and a generous handful of parsley stalks.
- Bring the stew to the boil and let it simmer for an hour with the lid on. Then take off the lid and leave the stew to simmer for another hour or until the beef has turned very tender and the sauce has reduced.
- In the mean time, heat the oven to 220F. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and boil them until they turn soft. Mash the potato with some butter and spoon it over the stew before sprinkling with cheese. Cook the stew in the oven on the top shelf for 20 minutes until it’s golden and bubbling.
This article is brought to you by CheekyBingo.com, providers of a variety of instant win and casino games