Hi, I am Tara from Noshing With The Nolands and I know Lane through #SundaySupper. Lane has a great blog as you know with wonderful recipes, meal plans and even grocery lists. So helpful!! I am thrilled to be here to guest post today with our Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup. This sure has been a hit on my site and I am so happy to share it here with Lane’s readers. It is a wonderful soup for the fall and Thanksgiving or can be a complete meal on its own with the added protein of the quinoa. Make yourself a big hearty bowl and enjoy!!
- 1 very large sweet potato
- ½ large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 900 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
- In a large pot saute onion, garlic and carrot in the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil until tender.Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
- For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until
- lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.
This recipe originally appeared at Noshing with the Nolands.