Roasted vegetables always make a quick and easy dinner side. If you are tackling this whole meal in one night you will want a quick vegetable. This cauliflower was actually one of our favorite things from the meals. It had a little kick to it and was still crispy, how I like my veggies.
Both this recipe and Cornish Hen recipe on Friday call for Garam Masala. I actually ordered mine online, because I couldn’t find it in the store, but nowadays I have seen a lot more international stores and they should all carry it. Indian cuisine seems to be getting more popular so you may even be able to find it at your regular grocer.
I made the whole thing in the baking dish, there is no use dirtying a bowl when a baking dish with high enough sides will do for tossing the ingredients together. I often do this in recipes that just call for mixing everything together in a bowl and then transferring to a baking sheet. I don’t know about you, but there are no little elves that come to wash my dishes while I sleep. No dirtying of unnecessary dishes in this house.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large glass baking dish combine butter, spices and cauliflower. Toss to cover with spices.
- Roast 35-45 minutes until edges are browned.