I have taken a break from Foodie Penpals for the last few months, but I finally joined back up again for October. I received my box from THE foodie penpal herself Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean.
I was a little excited when I got home from vacation and the package was waiting at the house. I tore into it, almost without getting any pictures. Since I’ve only been home since Sunday I haven’t gotten the chance to try everything, but what I’ve tried so far is yummy.
Lindsay sent me a huge package of goodies, including:
- Granola which I will be having for breakfast in the AM.
- Trader Joe’s Sweet & Spicy Pecans – OMG are these things amazing. Since I have still never been to Trader Joe’s and the closet one is about 2 hours away I am on the hunt for a homemade recipe. I may have already finished the bag.
- Quinoa tortillas, haven’t tried yet, but I’ve never met a tortilla I didn’t like.
- Delicious homemade cookies, ginger oatmeal with cranberries and chocolate chips and they are pretty healthy. They look like they are similar to these on her website, but with chocolate chips instead of Reese’s.
- Two different Larabar flavors, chocolate and peanut butter. Yes, please!
- Peanut butter packets – these are so convenient when I’m on the run in the morning. I love peanut butter on my bagels so I toast up a bagel grab a packet and go.
- A Cooking Light issue
- Protein powder packets, my hubby will use these in post workout shakes.
- And finally an Amy’s Organic Soup. I usually am not a huge canned soup fan, but I had this for lunch on Monday and really liked it. Great for days that we are out of food and I need lunch.
Thank you so much Lindsay, everything I’ve had has been delicious! To see what I sent to my foodie penpal Terra, hop on over to her blog et ceTerra.
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by November 4th as pairings will be emailed on November 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I’ll see if we get enough interest this month!