When my friend Jen posted a Peach BBQ sauce, I knew I would have to give it a try immediately. There is little I like more than a good BBQ sauce packed full of flavors. I decided to mix it up a little bit. I picked up some Georgia peaches and a mango since they seem to always be on sale this summer.
Let me tell you so far this sauce has been great on everything from grilled pork to quesadillas. It makes a bigger batch than it appears to. I ended up freezing 2 cups of it and hoping it will be tasty to use at a later date.
There are a few good pork cuts on sale this week. Choose your favorite and grill to 160 degrees. If you have trouble getting the temperature of your meats I would recommend investing in a high quality thermometer. We received the Thermapen over a year ago for a wedding present and use it constantly. Our meats always come out perfectly cooked thanks to the instant temperature reading.
Peach-Mango BBQ Sauce
Adapted from Juanita’s Cocina
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups fresh peaches (about 3-4 medium peaches)
- ½ cup fresh mango (about 1/2 mango)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp molasses
1. In a deep stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté 3-5 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
3. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. If you have an immersion blender, remove from heat and puree the mixture until smooth. Otherwise transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, transfer back into stock pot.
5. Once sauce is smooth allow to simmer for an additional 15 minutes on medium-low.