I remember the first time I had shrimp, popcorn shrimp from Red Lobster. Before then I refused to touch it and for a few years after popcorn shrimp was the only shrimp I would eat. I have come along way since then and now shrimp is probably one of my favorite meals. Shrimp anyway I don’t care! I discovered this roasted lemon garlic shrimp recipe a few months ago and have made it multiple times since. Serve with rice, pasta, some orzo with extra lemon garlic sauce drizzled over, divine.
Run, don’t walk to Publix now to pick up some of the medium shrimp that are on sale this week. If you have a Whole Foods nearby I suggest popping in this Friday. They have a one day sale of large shrimp for $5.99 per pound. I like to buy the deveined, but still in the shell shrimp. You can buy them peeled as well, but it’s going to cost you about $1 more per pound. Peeling them is the easy part.
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Adapted from: Cinnamon Girl Recipes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested then cut into slices
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined with tails off
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large glass dish combine olive oil, lemon zest, thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove pan from the oven and add butter.
4. Add shrimp, garlic, and lemon slices. Mix. Bake for 8 minutes until shrimp are fully pink.