I love sweet potato fries out at restaurants, why? Because they are fried of course. At home I enjoy making fries or potato wedges, but I don’t like to fry them I prefer to bake. I always have the problem of getting them crispy enough. I’ve found that regular potatoes aren’t to bad they crisp up a lot easier than sweet potatoes. My solution to make sweet potatoes crispy is cut them very thin and roast them at a high heat.
These fries are great to serve along side a burger or chicken sandwich, or just to pass some of the game munching on.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into thin fries. Toss with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crisp.
- Toss with salt and rosemary straight out of the oven.