I don’t know if I have mentioned how much I love the premade shrimp skewers that Publix carries. They make grilled or broiling shrimp so easy, just add sauce. They are on sale again this week, so of course I had to use them. These shrimp are slightly spicy and slightly sweet. They make a great appetizer or main course.
We are just beginning to see the slightest hint of fall weather down here in Florida so there is still plenty of time to use the grill. Heck, we will still be grilling in January! If it’s no longer grilling weather where you use. Heat up your broiler and cook under the broiler following the same steps as on the grill.
- 6-8 shrimp skewers (5 shrimp per skewer)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until warmed in 30 second intervals stirring frequently.
- Pour half of the marinade into another small bowl. Save this and use for dipping sauce once the shrimp is cooked.
- From the other bowl brush shrimp on both sides with sauce.
- Spray grill with non stick cooking spray, heat to medium, and grill skewers 3-5 minutes per side, brushing with extra sauce while cooking.
- Serve with the dipping sauce you put aside.