Party season is among us! Everyone is starting to plan the menus for their holiday cocktail parties and let me tell you these little taco bites should be on them. Who doesn’t like tacos? Well their might be a few people, but not I.
You can make these cute little taco “cupcakes” for a dinner or an hors d’oeuvre. Set out toppings such as sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, tomato, hot sauce and everyone can have fun dressing their own while controlling portions. Serve along side a Mexican themed salad with black beans, corn, and tomato and voila, easy dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- 12-15 wonton wrappers
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, hot sauce
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain any fat. Mix in taco seasoning and water (per taco seasoning packet or recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place wonton wrappers into regular size muffin tin. Spoon ground beef into wonton cups. Top with about ½ tablespoon of cheese each and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream, etc.