So you already have the naan for the roast beef panini’s now what do you do with the rest? I would suggest freezing it so you don’t have to throw any away. It freezes great and a quick zap in the microwave or toaster brings it back to life.
I have made a few naan pizzas before and you can do them both on the grill or in the oven. The oven happened it be easier this time so that’s how I did them.
Remember how I always keep shredded chicken in the freezer. Whether it is from a rotisserie chicken or I make my crockpot shredded chicken there are always plenty of servings of cooked chicken available.
This recipe is inspired by the Thai Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. The flavors and ingredients are simple and easy to find. You can find sweet Thai chili sauce in the ethnic aisle of most grocers and let me tell you it is so good on so many things.
- 4 pieces of Naan
- 8 tablespoons thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade (roll up and thinly slice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Assemble flatbreads, spread 2 tablespoons of Thai sweet chili sauce on each piece of naan, top each with ½ cup shredded chicken, ½ cup shredded cheese, and a few pieces of thinly sliced red onion.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with basil.