Thanksgiving Day is almost here, one more day to do any last minute grocery store runs and then the cooking marathon begins for many people. I have heard a lot of people that dread have Thanksgiving leftovers, but to me leftovers are some the best part. I love coming up with new ways to use the leftovers so nothing goes to waste. Did you see #SundaySupper this week? So many great ideas, the creativity is amazing.
This turkey soup would be a great choice when the leftover turkey is about to run out. The tortellini adds bulk so you don’t have to worry about having as much turkey. I made this on the smaller side because I was only whipping up a quick lunch for myself, but you could easily double or triple the recipe to feed any guests you my still have hanging around your house.
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1 cup frozen tortellini
- 1 cup leftover chopped turkey
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 2.5 – 3 qt stock pot bring chicken stock to a simmer. Add tortellini and cook for 3-5 minutes until they begin to float to the top.
- Once tortellini are almost cooked add turkey, spinach, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Simmer 5 minutes to meld flavors.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!