I believe my love for Mexican food is obvious, but combine Mexican with buffalo chicken and you have the best darn dinner ever! My husband was raving over these and I have to agree, these enchiladas were a great unique twist that was full of wonderful flavor. He took leftovers for lunch and loved them just as much. I think if I made a batch of these buffalo chicken enchiladas every week he would be in heaven.
Having the pre-shredded buffalo chicken you made on Sunday is a real time saver. Usually I make my enchiladas with 6” tortillas, but I happened to have a bag of 10” in the freezer, so I went with it. You could use either size and they will still turn out perfect.
- 8 10” flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded buffalo chicken
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Pour ¼ cup enchilada sauce on bottom of dish.
- In a small bowl combine wing sauce and remaining enchiladas sauce.
- In a medium bowl combine buffalo chicken, half of the shredded cheese, half of the blue cheese, chopped green onions and half of the wing/enchilada sauce. Mix well. Fill each tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes. Top with remaining blue cheese after removing from the oven.
Adapted from Cook Au Vin