The humidity has been low all weekend and we made the most of it, getting the yard all cleaned up for summer and once we were done relaxing on the patio with a glass of wine. Sometimes I get all caught up in fancy meals that it is nice to just grill a piece of chicken. We have been trying to use our grill more and more. I like it, because for me it is less cleanup. No dirty pots to wash!
The seasoning for this chicken is simple. It has a little Cajun flare, but not an overpowering spice. I only cook one chicken breast for the two of us and we split it. If we are extra hungry I make a big salad, but I try to stick to the recommended 3 oz serving size for all of our meat.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts, either cut in half lengthwise or cook them whole then divide among 2 people per breast
- In a large ziploc bag mix together olive oil, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Add chicken and allow to marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and grill over medium high heat for 5 -8 minutes per side depending on thickness.