We all need some easy go to recipes that we can whip together as a quick side for dinner. This garlic bread recipe is just that for me. When I plan our meals for the week I don’t really plan for the sides. I will buy some lettuce to make a quick salad, we always have a few different fruits on hand, and if we are having soup I try to remember to buy a loaf of bread. Since two of use don’t usually finish and entire loaf of bread I often cut up the extras and stick it in the freezer. I have used all sorts of different breads and rolls, really whatever I can find in my freezer before dinner.
This recipe is pretty versatile sometimes I add fresh grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese, sometimes I used fresh garlic instead of powdered, it just comes down to what I have on hand at the time. Tomorrow I will be sharing a stuffed shells recipe. Prepare this garlic bread and toss it in the oven while cooking the shells. Add some fruit or veggies and you have dinner.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ loaf French or Cuban bread, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder, spread evenly on each half of the loaf of bread.
- Wrap bread in foil and place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Open foil and continue to cook 5 minutes to crisp the exterior of the bread.