It’s only appropriate that I post a yummy drink for Labor Day #SundaySupper. On Memorial Day I posted these beer margaritas which were both a huge hit with my friends and here on the blog. Blend up some of this Sangria and your guests may never want to leave.
After a few attempts I finally found the perfect ratio for this Frozen Sangria. Veering from the typical sangria I used rum rather than brandy, mainly because I had rum in the house but not brandy, either will probably work fine.
Beat the end of summer heat. If you are looking for a refreshing drink to enjoy while slaving over the BBQ this weekend, Frozen Sangria is the answer.
- 1 ½ cup red wine (I used Cabernet)
- 1 ½ oz dark rum
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 rings of slice pineapple, canned is fine
- 1 peach, pitted and skin removed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Combine wine, rum, orange juice, cinnamon, and sugar in a pitcher and stir to combine. Add fruit.
- Dump pitcher contents into blender. Blend to puree fruit.
- Unless you have a really big blender you will probably need to pour half the mixture back into the pitcher and work in batches.
- With half of the sangria mixture in the blender add about 2 cups of ice and blend. Add more ice if necessary.
- Pour in glasses and garnish with lime wedge.