There is a restaurant in Gainesville, Fl (where I went to college) that I must eat at on every trip back. Everything is so delicious, you really can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. A few weeks ago when I was in town to visit Trader Joe’s, of course we had to have dinner at The Top.
I have tried a few different things on the menu and always come back to the burgers, large patties on pretzel rolls with tons of different and unique toppings. Mine had bacon jam among other things on top. Seriously, bacon jam, need I say more? But it’s meatless march around here for us now, so I won’t tease myself with any more bacon jam. Before the burgers we started with an appetizer called garlic and goat. Simple and delicious, I knew I had to recreate it at home.
This week #SundaySupper is celebrating all things cheese, cake, and cheesecake! What a perfect time to share my newest appetizer. Roast a head (or three) of garlic during the day and you are ready to assemble this appetizer any time.
- 4oz of goat cheese
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 10-12 julienne cut sun dried tomatoes (oil packed)
- 3 tablespoons of oil from tomato jar
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Thinly slice French bread on a diagonal, each side brush with olive oil and grill over medium low heat 2-3 minutes per side, until toasted
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Place goat cheese in the center of an ovenproof dish scatter roasted garlic and sun dried tomatoes around. Drizzle with sundried tomato oil.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes until warmed.