This week I am joining back up with #SundaySupper to help share an amazing cookbook. Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket , knows what it is like to be a busy mom. Her cookbook is filled with recipes and helpful hints for busy moms to help get dinner on the table. She truly believes in the #SundaySupper mission and will be joining us on twitter today at 7PM EST. Join us to chat healthy, family meals with Katie.
The theme of the week is easy back to school recipes, below you will find numerous other delicious recipes from the book shared by other lovely #SundaySupper bloggers. You can also check out Katie’s helpful tips on preparing back to school meals.
I first made this chicken when Isabel posted it after the first event with The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket . I love roasted chicken because I make them into a one dish meal. Throw a few veggies and starches in with the chicken and everything is ready for the table at the same time. Not to mention the leftovers. Who doesn’t like leftover chicken? We use it in everything whether I need a quick chicken, pasta, and pesto dinner the following night or wraps for lunch. Leftover chicken is about the best leftover there is.
Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Adapted from The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket via Family Foodie
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4lb whole chicken
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4-5 red potatoes, quartered
- 15 baby carrots
For the rub:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Spray a 9×13 plan with cooking spray.
4. Rub the chicken down with2 tbsp olive oil and then the rub. I always throw a little seasoning inside the bird as well.
5. Place the chicken in the baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Toss the chopped potatoes and carrots with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp rosemary, and a little salt and pepper. Arrange around the bird in the pan.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature is at 165 degrees.
8. Allow 5 minutes to rest, slice, and serve with vegetables.