Oh salad, how I love you.
I love searching through my pantry and fridge for a bunch of fun ingredients and turning it into a delicious creation. I have become such a salad snob that I will no longer eat store bought dressing. Now I make a simple vinaigrette every time I have a salad, which is at least one a day.
The addition of avocado instantly makes any salad tastier and creamier.
I decided to grill the avocado and peach because, why not. I have been experimenting with a few grilled fruit and avocado recipes this summer and I’m really liking the results
I enjoy the warmed peaches, avocado, and spinach combination.
- 2 firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 small clove garlic, mincd
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 tablespoon to drizzle on fruit
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup pecan halves, toasted
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread all over the cut side of the peaches and avocado
- Grill 2 minutes each. Remove from grill and allow to cool before handling.
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Slowly pour in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Divide spinach among two bowls, top with feta cheese, pecans, and red onion.
- Peel peaches and avocado and slice thinly. Arrange on top of salad. Drizzle with dressing.