This week’s #SundaySupper is a great theme for those short on time and cash. Today I am here to show you how to make a delicious dinner with only 5 ingredients. Yes 5 that is all! Some of the recipes below you can probably make straight out of your pantry. How great is that?
I already like to keep the recipes I share pretty simple. Long lists of ingredients stress me out, but usually once I add spices, butters, oils I am well past 5 ingredients. So I thought about what I would make for a few days and then I remembered these Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches. The hardest part is waiting for the chicken to marinade. I usually like to do mine overnight so the juices really get into it.
These sandwiches are simple, but tasty. Great for serving at a party and perfect for football season. Since it is still grilling weather down here in Florida we are making the most of it.
- 2 large chicken breasts, pounded to uniform consistency then sliced in half to yield two bun sized pieces of chicken
- Teriyaki marinade
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Marinate chicken in teriyaki marinade for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Remove from marinade. Heat grill to medium heat and cook chicken 5-7 minutes per side, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- If desired, grill pineapple slices about 1 minute per side.
- Top chicken with provolone cheese and pineapple and place on a bun.