Last year for National Margarita Day I was with a group of friends tailgating with my famous beer margaritas before seeing Zac Brown Band with the rest of the Tampa Bay area.
Clearly this year will be a little tamer, since an actual margarita is out of the picture, due to my growing belly.
I had to put the thinking cap on. How does a pregnant woman celebrate National Margarita Day? The answer came pretty quickly as I remembered just how many trips to Tijuana Flats I have made in the last few months. Tacos, were the answer. I love to marinate with lime juice and tequila. I have done it on fish and chicken, but not yet for shrimp.
Since the acid from the lime juice can begin to cook the shrimp if they are left to marinate too long, these can make a very quick dinner. Let the shrimp marinate for 10 minutes and you are ready to cook.
Now go off and enjoy your shrimp tacos and have a margarita for me. Check out the bottom of the posts for many more margarita inspired recipes.
Margarita Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons silver tequila
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 8 to rtillas
- favorite toppings; guacamole lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream
- Combine shrimp, tequila, lime zest and juice, and salt in a ziploc bag. Toss to coat evenly. Let marinate for up to 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick skillet to medium high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade and cook 3-5 minutes, until pink and no longer translucent.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.