This week #SundaySupper is focusing on all things skinny and let’s face it after all that Valentine’s Day candy and chocolates we could all probably use that. My jeans tell me I could use a few more skinny #SundaySuppers.
I wanted to try something that I hadn’t tried yet, Mashed Cauliflower. I keep hearing about it being a substitute for mashed potatoes, yada , yada, yada… I don’t really eat mashed potatoes too often, but I am a big fan of cauliflower in any way, shape, or form so I wanted to test out a recipe.
This recipe I got from Whole Foods and while it was good and I enjoyed it I don’t think you could pass this off for potatoes to any one. Guess what it tasted like? If you guessed mashed cauliflower you would be correct.
- 1 head of cauliflower or 1 bag of chopped and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- If using a head of cauliflower chop and wash.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Save about ¼ cup of cooking liquid and drain remaining water.
- Return cauliflower to pot and mash with potato mashed. Add oil. Add cooking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chives.