The #SundaySupper group put forth a challenge for us. Could we make a delicious dinner with just five ingredients?
Right before this theme was announced I had made these enchiladas, and if you made salsa verde for these from scratch they wouldn’t cut it. I had taken the easy route with store bought salsa verde. I don’t think it makes these super easy enchiladas any less tasty. Believe me they are spicy and delicious.
Pepper jack cheese is key for flavor here. I have been on such a spicy food kick during my pregnancy and I’m thankful for none of that miserable heartburn I hear others talk about. I crave spicy foods and I just could imagine not indulging that craving.
As you can see, a delicious meal is just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time away. Make sure to add these enchiladas to your meal plan this week.
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 large chicken breast shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken breast)
- 8 fajita size soft flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon ½ cup salsa verde into the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, and 1½ cups cheese. Spoon into the center of each tortilla, roll up, place seem side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining salsa verde and cheese. Bake un covered 20-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.