If you couldn’t tell yet we are big Florida Gator fans in this house. Football season starting last week was the highlight of our year. Although the Gators looked a little rough at times we are hoping for a decent season.
We live a few hours outside of Gainesville so we don’t usually go to all the games, but try to make it to a few games a year. We especially like to go to SEC or National Championship games.
For the games we stay at home we invite a few people over and nibble on snacks. I’m more of a snacking girl when it comes to tailgating or game watching. I like to make a bunch of finger foods and try a little of them all.
I originally saw these little rolls over at Cake & Allie, tweaked the recipe some and decided not to make them mini. It’s much easier to make these a little bit larger, less work and less time.
These spring rolls are easy to make ahead of time. You could even roll up a whole bunch and freeze them. But the best part, they are baked, dare I call them healthy? Sure pretty healthy until you dunk them in ranch dressing, because that’s what you need to do with these. For help rolling a spring roll see this video, or just do as I do and roll, tuck, and pray they stay together.
Remember those fried jalapeno bites from Friday? They are good friends with these spring rolls. They both enjoy bathing in ranch dressing and taste delicious together.
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Small bowl of water
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together corn, black beans, jalapeno, spinach, cheese, green onion, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon about 1 – 1 ½ tbsps mixture onto the center of the spring roll wrapper. For instructions to roll see above, or just do whatever works for you. To seal dab the edge with a small amount of water.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all filling is used up. Spray the tops spring rolls with cooking spray and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
Need more tailgate ideas? Check out this lineup: