It’s probably bad of me to admit this but I could eat homemade pizza every night.
Maybe not so bad because most of the time my pizzas are loaded with veggies. To make the process easier I always cheat and buy store bought dough, the good stuff from the deli. After a few unsuccessful attempts at making my own I threw in the towel.
Originally I planned to recreate California Pizza Kitchen’s White Pizza, but then mushrooms caught my eye at the store and I just needed them on my pizza. If you left them off you would have my copy cat version of the CPK pizza.
The dollops of ricotta are possibly my favorite thing about this pizza, well that and the mushrooms. A white pizza is just not complete without big dollops of creamy ricotta cheese.
Pizza is a great way to kick off your week and look at that, this one just happens to be meatless for Monday.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 teaspoon
- 16oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- pizza dough
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup packed spinach leaves, torn
- In a small saucepan warm 2 tablespoons of oil and garlic on the lowest heat. Just enough for the garlic to infuse the oil, but not burn, about 10 minutes
- In a large skillet saute mushrooms with 1 teaspoon olive oil, until lightly browned, they will cook more in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat pizza stone covered in corn meal in oven.
- Roll dough out on a well floured surface, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Spoon garlic infused oil over the crust, choosing to use the garlic or discard (I used it). Scatter spoonfuls of ricotta over pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Top with torn spinach and mushrooms.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is browned and bubbly.
Approx cost per serving: $2.37