This week’s #SundaySupper theme is Gifts from the Kitchen. Need ideas for friend or neighbor Christmas gifts? There are plenty of fun things you can make right in your kitchen. Check out the links below for more inspiration.
I was inspired to make Sweet and Spicy Pecans after receiving a bag of Trader Joe’s Sweet and Spicy Pecans from my October Foodie Pen pal. I searched high and low for a copy cat recipe with no luck. Those things are like crack, so addicting. And while these are more like candied pecans than the Trader Joe’s version and not quite as spicy they are still a delicious snack.
These slightly sweet, slightly spicy pecans make a great grab and go snack, are terrific for setting out to munch on at a party, or my favorite is to add them to salads. All of your pecan loving friends will thank you for these treats.
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine corn syrup, sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add pecans and stir to coat.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes and continue baking an additional 10 minutes.
- Separate the nuts after removing from oven before allowing to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
Adapted from Epicurious