Memorial Day is tomorrow! Are you looking for a last minute idea to bring to a picnic or BBQ? The #SundaySupper team has a few to share. Check out all of the links below.
This week I’m sharing one of my so simple it doesn’t even need a recipe, recipes. I make pasta salads when I need an easy lunch or a quick dish to bring to a party. Usually I just hunt through the fridge to see what veggies I have, toss with some cooked pasta, cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing.
When I want to make it a little fancier I use tortellini, instead of just a regular pasta. This dish is great for a BBQ because it gives the vegetarians a filling choice. You may want to double the recipe if you are expecting a lot of people. There is something about the tortellini that makes everyone go crazy for this.
- 2 cups tortellini, frozen
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian or Greek dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package directions in a pot of salted water. In the last 30 seconds of cooking add spinach to wilt. Drain and let spinach and pasta cool before assembling the salad.
- Toss tortellini, spinach, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and dressing together and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.